Friday, September 26, 2008

Master Cleanser/Lemonade Diet 4

Well, I am 3 days out from breaking the cleanse and I feel great. I went 10 days without eating any solid food and now feel energized and focused. Last night I watched the season premier of The Office and one of the characters was doing the cleanse ( to lose weight, something I discourage since the weight usually just comes right back). They made her make-up look terrible so she looked sick and then she passed out at work. If this had really happened to her I would have told her to make sure she was drinking enough lemonade, increase the maple syrup a little in the mixture and drink more water. The fact that she became so sick with the cleanse only shows that she had a lot of toxins in her system. Additionally, when she went to the hospital they had to give her several bags of saline meaning she was dehydrated: she was not drinking enough. She probably was drinking less because she thought she would lose more weight, wrong. The show portrayed the cleanse as something only crazy people do which is sad because it potentially could help a lot of people. Of course the cleanse is not for everyone and certain medical conditions must be considered but most people can do it. It just takes great will power and the ability to follow the directions. I know it was just a show but sadly in today's culture TV has great power and it would be a shame if it turned some people off to the cleanse.

Until the next time.
Carpe Diem

1 comment:

Luke C said...

That's really interesting that they portrayed it on the show. I'm glad they didn't glamorize it though since I think it's use as a weight-loss plan is misguided so hopefully this will discourage people from trying it.

Did they discuss the Flush?!